Irma’s aftermath: What now? [fr]
Here are the latest instructions, emergency numbers and tips to follow in the wake of Irma’s passage over the southeast United States.
The National Hurricane Center posts information and weather alerts in the event of hurricanes and tropical storms.
- Do not touch electrical or telephone lines that are down
- Do not walk or drive in flooded regions; water can be deep and contain dangerous objects
- Treat faucet water before drinking
- Let friends and family know that you are OK; text, email or call
- Respect curfews
- Follow directions set by authorities
- Before returning home, check that roads have been cleared