French Tech Ticket- Season 2
Applications are now open for the second edition of the French Tech Ticket, a program designed to encourage international entrepreneurs to launch their startups in France!
The French Tech ecosystem is booming. More and more young entrepreneurs are launching their startups, total fundraising doubled from 2014 to 2015, and several startups such as Criteo, DBV Technologies, and Cellectis celebrated IPOs. As part of an effort to accelerate this dynamism of the startup ecosystem, the French Tech Ticket Program brings in talented entrepreneurs from around the world and helps them launch their projects in France.
The first edition of the program was launched last year under the name Paris French Tech Ticket. Of the 722 project applications received in 2015, 23 startups were chosen to come launch their projects in Paris in one of the French Tech Ticket partner incubators.
This new-and-improved second edition of the French Tech Ticket will host almost triple the number of startups (70) in partner incubators, half of them in Paris and the other half in other major French cities (Lyon, Bordeaux, Aix, Toulouse, etc.).
- €45,000 in funding per project
- 12 months of free incubation in one of the 41 partner incubators (with an evaluation after 6 months)
- A simplified and accelerated procedure for obtaining residency permits for entrepreneurs and their families
- An activity program consisting of masterclasses, monthly networking events, a mentor, and 2 demo days with investors
- A helpdesk to assist entrepreneurs with administrative formalities (residency permits, financing, taxes, insurance, etc.)
- Practical advice to get settled in (help finding housing, opening a bank account, etc.)
- Applications to the French Tech Ticket are centralized via the platform frenchtechticket.com
- Candidates should apply to 3 incubators (in order of preference) via the website.
- Each partner incubator has a section on the contest website presenting its offer and its differentiating features.
- The selection of startups will be carried out by the partner incubators, the administrations supporting the program, and independent entrepreneurs.
June 21st, 2016: online applications open via frenchtechticket.com
August 24th, 2016: application deadline
September–November 2016: selection phases – eligibility, ranking of applications, then interviews with preselected candidates via videoconference
Early January 2017: arrival of the French Tech Ticket class of 2017 in France