Other events in 2010
1. March 2010 - Prospective Mission in North Carolina
Visit of the Research Triangle Park, Duke University, University of North Carolina (UNC), North Carolina State University and UNC Hospital.
2. March 2010 - Mission to the University of Miami
Participation in the workshop “Rebuilding for Resilience: How Science and Engineering Can Inform Haiti’s Reconstruction”, preparation for the international conference of donor countries for Haiti at the UN.
3. March 2010 - Prospective mission to the University of Georgia (UGA) in Athens
Meeting with the Dean and professors of Franklin College. Establishment of a lasting collaboration between Dr. Richard Schuster and Dr. Olivier Steichen and his team at the Tenon Hospital in Paris. Three other UGA visits have already taken place.
4. April 2010 - Visit to the Pasteur Institute in Paris
Meeting with Dr. Jerome Salomon, general director of the Pasteur Institute Network and Dr. Marc Jouan, general secretary of the Pasteur Institute to prepare the Haiti 2020 symposium with CDC.
5. April 2010 - Visit to Merial in Athens
Meeting with the director of R&D, Dr. Francis Milward, for the preparation of the symposium Haiti 2020. Conference calls with Steven Blount in Haiti, Director of the CDC Global Health Coordination in Haiti.
6. April 2010 - Visit to Georgia State University in Atlanta
Meeting with the President of the University, Prof. Mark Becker and the Vice President for Science, Prof. Robin Morris.
7. April 2010 - Visit to the Georgia Innovation Life Sciences, biomedical cluster
Meeting with the director, Stacy Williams Shucker and her team to present our biomedical events during France-Atlanta. Stacy Williams Shucker will speak in an economic workshop during a France-Atlanta event.
8. May 2010 - Visit to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Meeting with several CDC officials and researchers with Jacques Drucker, public health adviser at the Embassy of France, Dr. Francoise Weber, director of the French Institute for Public Health Surveillance (InVS) and the scientific director of InVS, Jean-Claude Desenclos.
9. September 2010 - Launching of a university partnership USA-France-Japan at the University of Florida (Gainesville)
The PIRE (Partnerships in International Research and Education) project funded by NSF (National Science Foundation) ($3.2 million for 5 years), was inaugurated in Gainesville on September 30. Joint visit with Annick Suzor-Weiner, Counselor for Science and Technology at the French Embassy in the US.
10. October 2010 - Prospective visit to Vanderbilt University, Nashville (Tennessee)
Meetings with administrative and scientific managers at the College of Engineering and with laboratory managers and researchers (in particular, the French scientist Prof. Joseph Parello, oncologist and holder of a patent CNRS / Vanderbilt) at Vanderbilt Hospital.
11. December 2010 - European Science Counselor Field Trip to Miami
Invitation of European scientific counselors by the European Commission Delegation in Washington D.C.. Meetings with officials and academics at Florida International University. Visits and presentations at NOAA / National Hurricane Center in Miami and NOAA / Atlantic Oceanographic and Atmospheric Laboratory, Virginia Key.
12. December 2010-Visit to the Carter Center. Meeting with President Jimmy Carter
Attending the monthly meeting of the Carter Foundation with Pascal Le Deunff, Consul General of France in Atlanta, Annick Suzor-Weiner, Counselor for Science and Technology at the French Embassy in the US, Marie-Laure Quilici, Head of the Reference Center for Cholera at the Pasteur Institute in Paris.
13. December 2010- Logistic and welcoming mission for the delegations coming from Lorraine and Toulouse for France-Atlanta from November 25 to December 12.