DUO Mentoring Program [fr]
Are you an aspiring entrepreneur who wants to start your business in the U.S. Southeast but don’t know where to start? Do you want to take your business development to the next level in the U.S. Southeast and are wondering what need to be done? If so, then the DUO Mentoring Program is perfect for you!
The core goal of the DUO Mentoring program is two-fold: to help with the growth of current young businesses and help entrepreneurs who would like to start new companies. With this free, extensive guidance, you will be able to participate in valuable networking, grow your company’s strategy, and catapult your business to the next level!
Participants will be paired with French Foreign Trade Advisors (CCEF - Conseillers du Commerce Extérieur de la France) mentors during one year. The mentors, who are long-term, experienced experts when it comes to the market in the U.S. Southeast, will provide business development advice and guidance for the region.
Accepted participants will receive:
- Free, one-on-one mentoring with a dedicated mentor
- Direct access to French businesses and entrepreneurs in diverse sectors who know the ins and outs of the U.S. and more specifically the Southeast market
- A 12-month relationship with your mentor with customized guidance
- Specified advice on how to grow your current business or start one from scratch in the region
At the end of the mentoring period, mentees and mentors will be asked to submit a final report to the CCEF of the U.S. Southeast and the French-American Chamber of Commerce - Atlanta (FACC-Atlanta).
The CCEF Mentors are volunteers, and participation in this program is free to the mentees. As such, the program’s success is based on trust, respect and confidentiality.
In order to participate in the program, certain requirements must be met. To qualify, the mentee must be a Founder, Owner or General Manager and meet the following requirements:
- An active link with France: this program is open to French entrepreneurs / heads of start-ups who created their company in the U.S. or any representative of a French SME expanding their business in the U.S
- A business based in the Southeast
- An FACC-Atlanta membership (at least at the entrepreneur level)
The application for the 2021-2022 cohort is now open.
STEP 2: Submit your application by June 1, 2021 by filling out this form.
A joint CCEF SEUS / FACC-Atlanta Committee will review your application. Decisions will be communicated to the participants by June 15th.