Atlanta Francophonie Festival 2017 [fr]
The 18th Atlanta Francophonie Festival will take place March 12-31, featuring an exciting calendar of free and ticketed events throughout Greater Atlanta and beyond.
Organized by Francophonie Atlanta, this year’s program will include movies, concerts, theater, French-Immersion classes, a literary roundtable and a family picnic.
- March 12 : the Francophones & Friends Family Picnic with a special children’s silhouette show by Samuel Perrone.
- March 16 : Literary roundtable with French Martiniquais author and Goncourt Prize winner Patrick Chamoiseau.
- March 23 : Traditional music from Canada performed by the acclaimed folk music band from Quebec, “Le vent du Nord”
- March 25 : Theatre du Rêve presents scenes from "Ring” by French-Swiss playwright Leonore Confino.
- March 29 : Concert by the virtuoso Swiss musician Pascal Auberson and renowned jazz pianist Alex Bugnon
Francophonie Atlanta is a multi-cultural collaboration between the French-speaking countries with consulates in Atlanta and francophone organizations. Its mission is to promote the French language by raising awareness of the richness and diversity of francophone cultures from around the world. Every year in March, Francophonie Atlanta organizes the Atlanta Francophonie Festival, featuring a variety of cultural and educational events.