2018 L&IT Conference at Clemson University [fr]
The Language and International Trade Conference (L&IT), an annual gathering at Clemson University in South Carolina, was held this year on February 28.
It was titled “Self-Marketing and Recognizing Success Signals” and provided students with the opportunity to meet and speak with members of the international business community in the southeast region.
The purpose of the Language and International Trade Conference is:
- To provide leadership opportunities for students of foreign languages
- To promote student awareness of international businesses in the region
- To provide networking opportunities for students, alumni and international firms
- To raise awareness and understanding of globalization
- To highlight Clemson University’s relationship to the business community
- To promote language and international trade especially the importance of language and culture study in professions.
The event was the perfect opportunity for the French Consulate to present useful tools for students and French teachers, such as:
- France ALUMNI USA France Alumni is the professional, bilingual social network that fosters French experiences. The objective is to enhance personal and professional development of former international students by increasing the outcomes of their relationship with France. Contents: (Job and internship offers, invitation to special events organized for alumni, networking opportunities, resources to value the experience in France (webinars for professional purposes))
- Campus France Campus France USA is the national agency for promoting French higher education abroad. This service provided by the Embassy of France is for American and US resident students wanting to pursue their higher studies in France. The Campus France online application process is the first – and mandatory – step in applying to study in France. Many sources of funding are available to help students finance their stay in France. The grant search engine is a great place to start!
- IF Profs USA IFprofs USA social network is aimed at professionals working in schools, high schools, universities, Instituts Français, Alliances Françaises and also students! Being a member of IFprofs allows you to:1) Find pedagogical and professional resources - get inspired and enrich your professional practice 2) Dialog and exchange with colleagues 3) Share your work experience
We were so happy to meet with so many students and we look foward to attending the conference next year!
L&IT is organized and hosted by the Language and International Trade Council with the support of the Department of Languages, the College of Business, and College of Engineering, Computing and Applied Sciences.