News in images - May 2016 [fr]
May events included the annual meeting of the honorary consuls to the Southeast, a Holocaust Remembrance Day ceremony, and celebrations of Europe Day.
- Holocaust Remembrance Day ceremony at the Georgia State Capitol
- Consul General Barbet participated in the Holocaust Remembrance Day organized at the State Capitol by the Georgia Commission on the Holocaust on May 6, 2016.
- Annual meeting of the honorary consuls to the U.S. Southeast
- The consulate welcomed our honorary consuls to the U.S. Southeast on May 3-4, 2016.
- Security team training session
- In order to better prepare our volunteer security team, the Consulate hosted a special training session with FBI agents.
- Europe Day 2016
- To commemorate Europe Day 2016, the French Consulate, local EU chair, co-organized an event at the Alliance Française with a lecture on "Why Is the Centennial of WWI Relevant for Understanding Europe Today" by Dr. Monique Seefried.
- French Heritage Society Reception
- The French Heritage Society hosted an early farewell reception for Consul General Barbet on May 21, 2016.
- Atlanta Toulouse Sister City Committee
- Consul General Barbet welcomed members of the Atlanta Toulouse Sister City Committee, along with ATSCC President Mark Long and Honorary Chair Sarah Elizabeth Reed, first lady of Atlanta, for a reception at the French Residence on May 10, 2016.